Monday 8 October 2007

Dad helps change Natalie's nappy

Dad returned to work today, so only got to spend an hour with Natalie. But Natalie was wide awake so I got to help change her nappy for the first time. To be honest, Mum did most of the work with the help of a nurse. There are only enough holes in the incubator for two pairs of hands, so I helped hand things to Mum. Then once the clean nappy was on, I got to lift Natalie so the nurse could replace her bedding. She is so light and delicate, but it was really nice to be able to do something hands on. It did mean that I was not able to take any photos today, but here are a couple from yesterday evening which I took after I wrote yesterday's post.

Dad comforts Natalie

Natalie was sleeping peacefully tonight

1 comment:

Rosemary Fretwell said...

Natalie already looks more 'normal'.
She is flourishing.
Well done Mum & Dad!

Grandma Fretwell